Sunday, 16 February 2014

Our Asia continent box

 
 
I didn't think I would introduce Finn to the continents boxes so soon, but he spotted them in the cupboard and insisted to have a look inside!
 
 

We are very lucky that my brother and sister-in-law went to China last year and brought back lots of surprises. 



Finn has had a lot of fun wearing the traditional Chinese costume and pretending to eat with the chopsticks!
 
Of course at just 2 years old he doesn't have a concept of what Asia or China are, so this is just a tiny little introduction to the diversity of our world.



Our Asia box is by far the fullest - all the other ones are mostly empty, including the Europe one where we live, shame on me! I would love to swap things with bloggers from other continents as it would keep me motivated AND fill my boxes! Leave a comment if interested!

Have you got continents boxes? What treasures have you got inside?
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, how cool! We don't have continent boxes - YET! You've inspired me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elsa, just saw your comment on my blog! Thank you for introducing yourself! You have a lovely blog and it is great that our children are in the same age range - we can inspire each other!
    I also run a great project with two other expat mothers called Worldwide Culture Swap! I think you are in for a treat. Here is the blog address: http://www.worldwidecultureswap.com and the FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/WorldwideCultureSwap. I have a few things from Paris I could mail out - where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! I really love the Worldwide culture swap! I will definitely take part when I've got a bit more free time. I am French too but haven't got anything from there in my boxes as I have been living in the UK for years. Where do you live? I could maybe send you something from here.

      Delete
  3. We are in the process of sorting out continent boxes, a the moment we have got a few books, some plastic animals, souvenirs, banknotes, post stamps,... We just signed up for country swap :) Getting very excited. Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the continent boxes! I didn't know you were also collecting for them or I would have bought both of those miniature totem pole I saw at Oxfam the other day. I bet the second one is still there. I will have to remember to give you one of our two handmade African coasters (also found at Oxfam!) How exciting that you signed up for the country swap! Are you going to represent the UK or Slovenia?

      Delete
  4. I love your continent box! We similarly had collected a few, here is the one on China http://www.montessorifromtheheart.com/my-blog/2016/02/celebrating-the-chinese-new-year-of-monkey.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...