Thursday, 27 March 2014

Back, back, back!

We're back from holiday and I'm fully back to this blog after finally finishing my Montessori course! I can't believe I've done it, considering I started FIVE YEARS ago and had a baby in the meantime!
 
I have tons of ideas for things to do with Finn thanks to all the fantastic bloggers. This morning we tried a new activity: Painting with our feet! I can't remember where I saw this idea first, but I was definitely reminded of it by my friend Nina who did it with her children and exhibited the result in her dining area.
 
What a great idea, and perfect for 2 year olds! Finn really dove in and had lots of fun!
 





I used regular kids paint, not finger paint. It adhered well to the paper and dried quickly. Here is a video of Finn enjoying the process and turning the activity into body painting. Inevitable!


Body painting from Elsa Deblangey on Vimeo.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Elsa! Also, congratulations on finishing your Montessori course! WOO HOO!!!! Elise and I will definitely have to try paining with our feet - the video of Finn painting is awesome. What concentration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm, Anne!

      Delete
  2. I think I will be repeating this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nina - There's nothing like repetition to allow children to experiment to the fullest :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome back! Which course did you complete?

    I think feet-painting will have to be something we try outside once the warm weather comes -- it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meghan, I did the Early Childhood course with MCI in London.

      We will also do it again outside in the summer I think - with mud!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on finishing your Montessori course, Elsa!!! :) Are you planning to teach in a Montessori school? :)

    This activity looks so much fun, by the way! I'd like to get to it myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...