Sunday, 26 June 2016

Busy week (25)

This week on Monday Finn wasn't keen on going to Forest School without me. He has been having some anxiety recently which I think could be due to the new baby coming soon. So we went to a soft play centre with a friend instead - lots of fun! (but no photos)

He has been entranced by the Beano comics lent by another friend. When I took the picture below he had been looking at the book for over an hour!


Wednesdays are childminder days, and this week they went to a Forest School session which Finn enjoyed (again, no photos as I wasn't there).

On his return I showed him how to make a cord using a star weaver.


I borrowed this big book of Andy Goldsworthy natural sculptures to look at and talk about together. Finn has been fascinated by most of them and tried hard to think of how to replicate them.


Amazed!


He made the Lego tower below a few days ago and loves it so much it's still standing. He told me it's a space rocket which has a space in the middle for an astronaut. Very much inspired by Tim Peake's return to Earth!


Thursday we tried out a new swimming pool that we both liked and will probably go to regularly.

On Friday, we met with our home educators group as usual, which was really nice.

On Saturday, we made scones to take to the obstacle course in the afternoon.


3 km of which he proudly finished in 40 minutes (I didn't follow around but I heard it was hard work!)


Following instructions to build a Lego model with one hand - he is holding his right arm to the side after bashing it quite badly against the bookcase during a pillow fight!


Sunday morning, we had an impromptu butterfly theme after we transferred the butterfly cocoons to the habitat. It looked like an appropriate time to get out the butterfly mobile I have been working on for the baby!


Later in the morning Finn went to Oxford on the bus with his daddy, had lunch at a vegan café before visiting the Ashmolean and Natural History museum. A great adventure!

That's it for this week!

7 comments:

  1. Indeed a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this one looks like it will be just as busy!

      Delete
  2. Great stuff! Was it the Abbey Meadows pool you visited? It seemed really warm when I touched the water the other day unlike last year when it was freezing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! Was it the Abbey Meadows pool you visited? It seemed really warm when I touched the water the other day unlike last year when it was freezing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline :) We went to the one in the Blackbird Leys Leisure Centre, which is new. It's got some fun bits like a fountain and a "beach" bit, and the learner pool is just the right depth for Finn.

      Delete
  4. I'm wondering where I might find a star weaver like the one you have pictured. I just did a quick search online and didn't turn up anything like that. Perhaps there's another name for it I could search?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara, I'm not sure where you live but if you are in the UK I see they sell them on the Myriad website. http://www.myriadonline.co.uk/products.php?id=838&name=Star Weaver

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...