Sunday, 6 November 2016

Busy week (44)


I was surprised to find very few pictures of our week. We did so much!

On Monday we went to a great workshop for home educators; building catapults! Finn loved it and designed his own catapult. As his assistant I was dubious as to whether it would work but it did!


The children had to fire different objects and measure the distance travelled by each one.


During one of Noah's long naps Finn and I had a look at his baby blog which he loved. We watched a video of him doing housework as a toddler which prompted him to do some chores around the house. He decided to hang out the washing - with a twist; He first arranged the chairs so that he could jump from one to another in a circle. Each time he reached the clothes drying rack he would hang one piece of clothing. Efficient? Not so much. Fun?  Yes :)
 

Back to an old love of his, building with cardboard. He made a great car all by himself.



Both boys admiring a beautiful mobile I bought on Etsy.



Sadly those are all the photos I seem to have taken.

There has been a shocking amount of Lego play and audio books, as usual. We organised a little Autumn celebration with some friends at the park which was really nice. Finn dressed up as a wizard and was very proud of his flying broomstick (an actual, large stick) and his wand (a smaller stick with a cardboard star at the end).

On Friday we went to our home ed co-op where one of the mums organised an activity about constellations and the stories behind them. Finn was a bit too hyper to want to participate though.

Since I have run out of photos I will say a bit about the books we are reading.

We found this one at the library and really like it. I'm not much into monsters (Finn loves them) but this book is different in that it shows creatures from ancient folklore and classic legends, telling a little bit about each and whetting your appetite for more. I see it as a good introduction to mythology.


 For a while I have been wanting to introduce Finn to Peter Pan so have been borrowing different versions from the library to first read myself. I love the original but thought it would be a bit much for Finn. I was really pleased to find a graphic novel version with the actual words from the original in a way that is easier to digest for younger children. Finn loved it so much!


This sticker book has been fantastic. It digs deeper than the Usborne sticker books we have had in the past and perfect for Finn right now. I think it would make a great present for any child. Look it up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...