Sunday, 13 November 2016

Busy week (45)


The start of the week was very quiet for us as Finn had a cold, which was then transferred on to Noah. Finn was supposed to spend three full days with the childminder as she had space on more days than usual but I decided to keep him home so he could rest and recover. He was frustrated as he loves going there. Here are a few photos from home.

A very excited baby!


He doesn't look ill, does he?



Quietly looking at pictures in books all snuggled up on the sofa.




I have been reading "Baby-led potty training" by Amber Hatch which has motivated me to do a bit more "pottying" with Noah. We did EC (elimination communication) with Finn as a baby but I hadn't really taken the time to get it going with Noah. This week at home was a good opportunity for lots of nappy-free time. A couple of days only after I got more serious I got the impression that Noah was starting to understand that he could control his bowel to some extent. He definitely holds for a bit before I hold him over a potty. Babies are amazing!


A friend sold me a wrap! I'm so happy with it, I've been trying different ways of carrying Noah. I put him on my back all by myself, I was so proud I had to send Chris a picture at work.


Some rough and tumble play with my big boy. We did a few rounds of wrestling and stopped after he was sick. Oops!


He was well enough on Friday to go to a home educators workshop to build Lego bridges. He was very proud, and Chris had taken the day off to be with us.


We had a lovely lunch at Ask (who have a vegan menu, yey!)


Finn had tomato sauce EVERYWHERE!

 

Later in the afternoon we took Finn to his new dance class.

On Saturday we stayed home because we had been so busy the previous day, but we went for a torch walk after dinner which was good fun. We even ended up in a pub for drinks completely unexpectedly!

Today Sunday we packed a picnic and headed off to Appleton playground. The weather was beautiful, clear skies, low warm sun, a gentle breeze... very Autumnal.

Noah and I had a go on the big swing... He doesn't look particularly happy but he was very calm.


And then Finn was introduced to table tennis (after I beat daddy even though I was carrying a baby, haha!).


The evening was sweet...


Daddy made us a lovely vegan Sunday roast while we played with the wrap. Finn declared that he was a pirate sleeping in a hammock on his ship and we had to make a mast with sails.



Now all are in bed and I'm nodding off myself...

1 comment:

  1. Trop mignons!!! Vegan Sunday Roast ça donne envie :D Je connaissais pas baby led potty training, je vais regarder ça, ça m'a l'air très intéressant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...